Antique Sheet Music Flourishes

Monday 21 April 2014

TRANSFERRING IMGAGES TO FURNITURE

Here is the tray purchased for £2.00 along with
 a breadbin I already have

Completed breadbin
It has been a long time since I was here as I have been so busy. I recently embarked on a furniture painting course at the Emporium at Wentworth and learnt how to paint furniture with chalk paint by a company called Autentico.  My first project using this medium was a tray purchased at Hemswell Antique Centre for the small sum of £2.00.  I absolutely love the chalk paint finish and it is so easy to apply.  During the course I also learnt how to transfer images onto furniture from a photocopy and I was very impressed.  I have subsequently purchased some paint in French Grey from the Autentico range alongside some transfer glue and some clear wax.  My research on the internet found some images already in reverse ready to print so there is no stopping me now.

The finished tray

Both the breadbin and tray were painted with Autentico French Grey then washed with Regency White by Autentico and finished off with a clear wax to seal the paint.  The Paris motif was found printed in reverse on the internet.  I am very happy with the finished product and this has prompted me to search for other pieces to decorate.





No comments:

Post a Comment