Antique Sheet Music Flourishes

Sunday 14 April 2013

BEDROOM REVAMP

Work complete
Finishing touches
Work complete
I finally got round to decorating my bedroom which was looking rather tired and shabby and in need of a fresh coat of paint. I started by applying lining paper to the walls for a smoother finish then applied a plain stripe embossed paper on two walls.  Crown Neutrals "Brushed Clay" was painted onto two walls and the opposite walls in Crown Neutrals"On the Rocks".  The black, beige and cream paper on the chimney breast remained the same.  The colours blend in beautifully with the new cream furniture and as a finishing touch the picture frames were sprayed black.  

I still have some finishing touches to complete the overall scheme such as painting the pine blanket chest to match the rest of the furniture in Farrow and Ball's "New White" and a tin chest that is in need of some fresh paint but I have not decided what to do with this at the present time so this will be a future project.

My hat boxes were freshened up with the coats of Farrow & Balls "French Gray" and they were decorated with some black ribbon and tags purchased on my travels.

Overall I am very pleased with the scheme and cannot wait to complete  the finishing touches to bring it all together.

Ready for lining
What lurks behind
the wardrobe











Painting in progress

Progress

It was very hard work but I am definitely happy with the finished result.










No comments:

Post a Comment