Antique Sheet Music Flourishes

Sunday 14 April 2013

Theatre Programme Holders

Over the years I have collected a vast amount of Theatre programmes and decided some  
suitable storage was required to display them.  Normal magazine holders were too small so I enlisted the help of my dad to make some larger than average magazine holders for me to spray and decoupage.




Whilst they were in the process of being made I set to searching for appropriate pictures to photocopy in black and white.  I purchased some black satin spray paint and gave each holder a couple of coats before decoupaging with favourite pictures from musical theatre.  Once dry I applied a couple of coats of clear varnish.  The holders now fit in my new bedroom scheme and most of my programmes are organised in them for me to read any time I like.  Some programmes have been mounted in frames and displayed on the walls of my bedroom to fit in with the theme. 



The holders did not cost much to make and only took up a few hours of my time to get the desired look.










No comments:

Post a Comment