Antique Sheet Music Flourishes

Monday 21 April 2014

SIDE TABLE USING CHALK PAINT FINISH

The course at Wentworth really spurred me on and I decided to decorate a side table which has been sitting in my cellar for months.  I decided to paint the table with the Autentico French Grey chalk paint and highlighted the decoration on the legs with the Regency White.  I then purchased a French Stencil from Ebay and transferred this onto the table top using the Regency White chalk paint.  When the paint was dry I finished the table once again with a clear wax to seal the paint.  I am very pleased with the finished effect and it matches nicely with  the other table painted in Farrow and Ball New White.  I think both colours complement each other well.

Table before chalk paint
This table required 3 coats of
 French GreyChalk Paint

French Stencil on table top

The finished tables together


No comments:

Post a Comment