Antique Sheet Music Flourishes

Sunday 24 August 2014

FABULOUS TELEPHONE SEAT

I have been working on my latest project over the past few weeks and have completed this bank holiday weekend.  

I love my new telephone seat and what a transformation.   It started out as a dated brown wood colour with green upholstery.  I have once again transformed it  by painting with 3 coats of Autentico Bath Stone, I gave the edges of the furniture a light sanding back to reveal the wood beneath and then added a layer of bri-wax to give an antique effect.  This was finished with a layer of clear wax to seal the paint finish.  The inside and top of the drawer have been covered with pretty sheet music paper which is varnished.

This will take pride of place my dining room.  Perhaps I now need to consider a traditional style telephone.

Preparing to spray
paint the upholstery


After spraying
A touch of
antiquing
After ageing with
Bri-wax

Add the finishing
touches
The finished
product







No comments:

Post a Comment