Antique Sheet Music Flourishes

Sunday 6 January 2013

WARDROBE PROJECT

Almost
complete
Much as I have enjoyed my long Christmas break I have put some of the time to good use and commenced the next project in my bedroom.  There is a lovely panelled built in cupboard which I use as a wardrobe. The original bolt fittings were removed and  stripped of many layers of paint  to reveal a brushed steel finish, the wardrobe doors now close securely for the first time in years.  I applied several coats of "Farrow & Ball" "New White" to match the colour of the French bed and the recently refurbished cabinet.  I completed the look with some pretty "Laura Ashley" wallpaper placed in the centre of the door panels.  I am currently searching for some wooden door knobs to paint black to complete the project.
Before
Work in
progress
I think it looks very pretty and in keeping with the ongoing project of restyling of my bedroom.




2 comments:

  1. Nice work your house cant be too far of finished now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha I wish. Still need a new kitchen

    ReplyDelete