I decided to spray them with black spray paint then downloaded and printed some pictures of Audrey Hepburn and Marylin Monroe plus other miscellaneous photos that I thought would be suitable for decoupage.
|BOX BEING SPRAYED|
I have kept a set of templates which can be photocopied and used again at a future date.
When the hat boxes were covered sufficiently with spray the next stage was to paste the decoupage prints to the top and sides of the box. I finished with a coat of clear varnish to protect them.
Below the finished product.
I have now started box number three to complete the set. Feeling inspired why not decorate some boxes to give Christmas gifts in which can then be utilised afterwards for storage.