Antique Sheet Music Flourishes

Sunday, 4 September 2011

Lounge Refurbishment update 
I have been a busy bee over the past few weekends making some new curtains for my lounge.    I decided it was time for a change and the swags and tails of 8 years had to go. Down they came and much to my amazement I sold them on e-bay, and am happy to say that they went to a new home where they will be appreciated for years to come.

Being on a tight budget I scoured the shops for some ready made curtains that I could adapt.  I eventually found some with a lovely Art Deco design at the top and matching cushions, which suited my style perfectly.  I purchased 2 sets of curtains at 66" wide by 90" drop, now I had to get my thinking cap on because the actual finished drop required would be 115".  Not to be deterred I purchased a further pair of curtains in black of a similar weight and matching colour and dismantled them, cut them into four pieces and stitched them to the bottom of the new curtains to bring them to the desired drop.  I made a pair of tie backs for the centre drapes from ribbon and added a tassel trim.

The curtains were slid onto a new pole fitted some weeks ago, wow what a transformation.
Before with Swags and Tails
After Swags and Tails were sold


  1. I have a love hate relationship with curtains. So i am always on lookout for fun and unusual ways NOT to cover my windows.

    I might have rethink.

    Thanks for sharing.

  2. By the way I love your old fashioned girl header. It reminds me of myself. Old... Not old old fashioned. Love her.