Antique Sheet Music Flourishes

Sunday 27 July 2014

SPRAYING FABRIC

AFTER
I was inspired to have a go at spraying some fabric on one of my project pieces after watching "Kirstie's Fill Your House for Free" last Tuesday evening.  I immediately went online, found what I was looking for and placed my order, though I was unsure how far one can of spray would stretch.  

Today, Sunday 27th July the sun was shining so I decided it would be a good day to start my project.  Out came the dust sheet followed by my earlier purchase of one traditional style telephone seat.  I spent some considerable time painstakingly masking the piece of furniture ready to spray the green velour fabric and bring it up to date with a matt black finish.
BEFORE

MASKED UP AND SPRAYING
COMMENCES


Unfortunately one can of spray did not go too far, though I did manage to cover the fabric at the front of the piece of furniture and I must say I am happy with the finish.  The second part of the transformation will be to paint the wooden frame with chalk paint so keep following for an update on the whole transformation.
************

No comments:

Post a Comment