Antique Sheet Music Flourishes

Wednesday 19 December 2012

PAINTED FURNITURE

I completed my first furniture painting project for my bedroom recently to match my new French bed.  The pine storage cabinet looked a bit out of place against the beautiful cream bed so it was time for a revamp.  The cabinet was sanded to provide a key for the paint then covered with two base coats before proceeding to paint in two top coats of "Farrow and Ball"  "New White" in eggshell finish.  The handles were sprayed with black satin paint and I have to say it does look rather smart and fits into my cream and black scheme.
My Boudior

I am very pleased with the finished result and now intend to complete the wardrobe doors and blanket chest in the same colour to complete the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment