Antique Sheet Music Flourishes

Friday, 20 July 2012

Attic Staircase Project

I have been keeping myself busy recently on new projects around the home and thought I would update you on the work in progress.  I have spent some considerable time stripping white paint from the staircase leading up to the attic room at the top of the house.  After removing the layers of white paint I found a dark treacle like substance lurking beneath and this has taken a large amount of my time to strip back to the bare woodwork.  I finally reached that stage a few days ago and have now started the mammoth task of staining to blend in with the rest of the hall, stairs and landing.  Here is my progress to date:-
Nearly there
The final layer for removal
Ready for the next stage
Stripping complete
Staining commences
Work in progress
Still a long way to go

No comments:

Post a Comment