Antique Sheet Music Flourishes

Sunday, 4 March 2012

Take one chair

Bentwood Chair revived  
I have a pair of bentwood chairs hidden away in the spare room so I decided that they could do with a new lease of life and proceeded to  paint one of them to see how it would look in my kitchen.


Below and right is the chair before I started the transformation:


Firstly  I painted the chair in a pale cream shade which actually looked white so I decided to paint over it in a shade called "Soft Truffle" by Dulux Paints.  This colour I was much happier with and proceeded with a second coat.  Once the paint was dry I sanded the chair back randomly to give it a worn appearance with some of the original wood shade coming through.  It matches nicely with mycream metal kitchen table and chairs.  
I think I may have to paint the second chair to match now and add some seat pads as a finishing touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment