Antique Sheet Music Flourishes

Thursday, 21 April 2011

After
A herb cabinet revamped
Before
My herb storage cabinet was looking well past its best and had been hidden away out of sight for a few years.  I thought I would devote some time to rejuvinating it and putting it back to good use.


I set about giving the cabinet an undercoat with Dulux "Overtly Olive" then left that to dry before applying petroleum jelly in random spots where the furniture would experience wear and tear over time.   Once this had dried I applied a top coat in "Craig & Rose Chalky Emulsion" from the Authentic Period Colours Range.   The next step was to line the inside of the drawers, I used some pretty wrapping paper designed in charming vintage prints and pastel colours.   


I then proceeded to sand down the cabinet to reveal some of the olive paint beneath and the original wood colouring to give it a chabby chic appearance.  I typed out some labels and fixed these to the drawer fronts with glue.  The cabinet is now fit for purpose once more and has been put to good use to store my herbs.


                         

No comments:

Post a Comment