Antique Sheet Music Flourishes

Tuesday, 8 March 2011

My Favourite places to shop  
On my days away from the office I love to take a trip to Hemswell Antiques Centre near Gainsborough in Lincolnshire to browse through the many rooms full of antiques, and collectables and there is also a craft centre on site.  It's like stepping back in time and you can easily spend a day browsing through the maze of rooms in each of  five separate buildings displaying period furniture, art, ceramics, clocks, kitchenalia and jewellery.  There is even a room in the Astra Antique Centre dedicated to Vintage clothing.


On Sundays there is a market and car boot sale too but it would be virtually impossible to see everything in one day so you would need to make a very early start to get the most from your visit.  
My most recent purchases include a metal peg rail with the lettering "Home Sweet Home" and a beautiful tin jug  marked with  "Home is where the heart is" logo which I could not resist and appropriate with the title of my blog.   I am sure I will find somewhere to display them in my kitchen where they will look quite at home.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment